This week the world’s largest Social Network announced that they are once again tweaking the way that they display posts in their user’s news feeds. This announcement gives businesses and marketers who understand the change a very big advantage when trying to get their message out.
On Thursday, September 18th, Facebook announced on their Newsroom Blog that they will be giving more weight to posts that mention current trending topics. Posts that mention trending phrases and words will show up in the top of your friends and followers news feeds more often and by understanding how to find “trending clues” you can use this to your advantage.
Below is a quick tutorial of how you can take advantage of this algorithm change.
Step 1: Look at the trending section on your Facebook Wall.
You can look to the right of your newsfeed on Facebook and see a list of the current trending topics in your network and get a really good idea of what the hot topics are.
Step 2: Create an Engaging Post using one of the Trending Terms.
Use the trending term in a status update of your own and make sure to ask people to interact with the post.
Step 3: Watch as the Post works it’s Magic.
Someone might say that they don’t understand how talking about a topic that has nothing to do with their business or message is advantageous to them. Watch the video below and I’ll explain why this one post, that will get a ton of interaction due to how it will be weighted in the news feed will actually affect your following post.
Please Note: There are things in place inside of the algorithm that prevent this from being “gamed and abused”. Do not use this for evil. Make engaging post that start a conversation and you’ll see this work because you’re doing what Facebook wants you to do. If you try to abuse this algorithm change it won’t work and you will see a negative effect in your reach.
***What do you think of this latest update to the Facebook Newsfeed Algorithm? Tell Us Your Thoughts Below.
- What is “Ad Maturing”? (How 48 Hours of Patience Lowered my Facebook Ad Cost by 34%) - October 20, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 005: The 4 Magic Questions that Smart Businesses Use to Build Millions in Sales - February 19, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 004: Behind the Scenes of How Ben Creates a Video Sales Funnel - February 5, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 003: Surviving a Speaking Gig in Las Vegas - February 1, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 002: Behind the Webinar - January 27, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 001: The Beginning of Something - January 25, 2016
- How You Can Build a Profitable Blog In 48 Hours - January 13, 2016
- How to Launch Your First Facebook Lead Ad in 5 Minutes - December 7, 2015
- How to Make More Sales by Using a Bridge Page - November 13, 2015
- How to Create Amazing Social Media Images For Your Blog Post - November 6, 2015