Why are Stories Important?
There are four types of stories you can tell to spread the word about your business…
- Origin Story
- Product Story
- Customer Story
- What I Stand For Story
Think about your favorite company, why do you buy from them? Do you love that they are from your home town, your best friend recommended them, that they make their products from recycled material, or that the donate a percentage to charity?
These are all examples of their story. If you use one of these or all of them to promote your business you are allowing your customers to connect with you, if a customer feel connected to you and your company they are going to be repeat buyers.
The 4 types of Stories
1. Origin Story
This story comes from an honest place, you discuss why the company exists. Why did you want to start your company? Did you see a problem and wanted to fix it? Did you see a company doing what you wanted to do and knew you could make it even better? Your customers love to know this story. They want to know how you started and received success. It makes you relatable, which connects you to your customers which makes them want to be repeat buyers.
2. Product Story
Why did you want to sell your product? Did you want to improve something? Do you only use recycle material? Do you have THE best of something? You let your customers know by telling this product story.
3. Customer Story
This is your testimonial story. The story is from he customers point of view. They had a problem, your company fixed it and they are so happy with the outcome they would recommend you to their friends and family.
4. What I stand for Story
What does your company stand for? Do you have high-quality products? Do you donate a percentage of all sales to charity? Do you have the most amazing customer service?
Watch the full video to see how these stories can help you sell more in the next year
- How to Get 50 New Targeted Leads Per Day - January 5, 2016
- How to Get Repeat Business with a Single Red Envelope - December 22, 2015
- The 4 Types of Stories You Can Use to Sell More This Next Year - December 4, 2015
- How to Sell Physical Products Online for Less than $100 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Tools We Use to Run Our Multimillion Dollar Online Business - November 20, 2015
- How to Write Blog Posts That Grow Your Business Now (and for years to come) [Fearless Podcast #7] - November 9, 2015
- How to Target your Audience Intelligently using 2 Special Websites. [Fearless Podcast #6] - October 20, 2015
- Why you need to brand your Business like Batman instead of Superman [Fearless Podcast #5] - October 7, 2015