Hi, my name is Ben Adkins and I’m a writer for the Social Media and Business Blog, Fearless Social.
Normally I spend my day helping Business Owners grow their Business through marketing on
the Internet… but today I want to share something a little different.
It all starts with a story….
Recently a friend and I were having dinner and, over a not so healthy appetizer, the topic of happiness came up. She said that it was amazing to her how many people just seem unhappy when she checks her Facebook and Twitter feed daily.
I told her that I agreed… it does seem like there are a lot of unhappy peopleout there…. and they have no issue sharing that displeasure on Social Media.
And then…. she said something that got us both thinking. She said… We should do something about all of these Unhappy People. I was intrigued and asked her what she had in mind….
The next hour we started plotting a way that we could possibly reach 1,000,000 people
by the end of 2014 and help them make their life…. a little happier….
By the time we had finished desert (which was a nice chocolate lava cake btw)…. we had a plan….
The Get Happy Challenge
We called it…. the “Get Happy Challenge” and I’d like to invite you to participate….. It goes a little something like this.
In the Next 30 Days, every day you have to complete these 3 steps daily.
Step 1: Publicly post a message on Facebook thanking a friend for something they did that made your life better. (and if you can… tag them in the post so they know how much you appreciate them)
Step 2: Write a Private Message on Facebook or Twitter and tell someone how much they mean to you…. and why.
Step 3: Each day, find one (overly negative) person that you’re friends with or that you follow on Social Media… and drop them like a bad habit. (that means you either unfriend or unfollow them and bid their negativity farewell… that may sounds harsh… but think about how many people you have on your Facebook feed that do nothing else but bum you out daily….)
Now this is why these 3 things are going to work.
By reaching out to one person daily in a very public way…. you’re going to spread a ton of happiness… Studies have shown that showing thanks to other people in public is an easy way to feel good about yourself.
By reaching out to one person privately each day, you’ll strengthen your friendships and, after 30 days of doing this once a day, you’ll be amazed at the deeper connections you have with people in your life. (and the opportunities it leads to.)
Finally…. removing one negative influence in your life every day for Thirty Days is going to completely change your daily social media experience….. by removing the negative…. you’re going to see some very powerful positive results in how you treat people…. and…. how you feel about the human race in general….
So thats it…
1) Thank one person publicly online for being awesome.
2) Privately reach out and tell one person they’re great and why you think that….
3) Remove 1 Negative influence from your Social Media Life.
Oh… one more thing… help us reach our goal of helping 1,000,000 get happier in the next 30 days by sharing this video on your social media feed.
We have no idea if we’ll come close to our goal of reaching 1,000,000 people but we think it’s worth a shot…..
Good Luck with the 30 Day “Get Happy Challenge”……
I’m excited to hear about your Results and who you made happier along the way.
- What is “Ad Maturing”? (How 48 Hours of Patience Lowered my Facebook Ad Cost by 34%) - October 20, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 005: The 4 Magic Questions that Smart Businesses Use to Build Millions in Sales - February 19, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 004: Behind the Scenes of How Ben Creates a Video Sales Funnel - February 5, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 003: Surviving a Speaking Gig in Las Vegas - February 1, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 002: Behind the Webinar - January 27, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 001: The Beginning of Something - January 25, 2016
- How You Can Build a Profitable Blog In 48 Hours - January 13, 2016
- How to Launch Your First Facebook Lead Ad in 5 Minutes - December 7, 2015
- How to Make More Sales by Using a Bridge Page - November 13, 2015
- How to Create Amazing Social Media Images For Your Blog Post - November 6, 2015