Starting today Facebook is rolling out it’s new Right Hand Column Ads (RHC Ads) in an effort to optimize conversions for that ad creative. The social network has cautioned advertisers that the ads will come with their fair share of changes to how the right hand side creative works, in comparison with how it has worked in the past. Some of the more notable changes:
- Less Right Hand Spots ads will be available due to the size change.
- Due to less spots being in the Right Hand Column, Prices will likely go up.
- Facebook believes that, despite the increase in cost and less available space, the value of the Right Hand Side Creative will go up for advertisers.
The scheduled rollout for the change has been outlined by facebook as follows:
- JUNE 24th: The Right Hand Column Ads will begin public rollout. Ads that meet the new requirement will be rendered in the new format while ads that only meet the old size requirement will be rendered in the old format for now)
- JUNE 24th onward: Facebook expects to see a moderate increase in CPM (Cost per 1000 impressions) of the RHC Ad creative.
- AUGUST 1st: All new Right Hand Column ads will be subject to Facebook’s “20% text rule“.
- SEPT 1st: All RHC Ads will be subject to the 20% text rule and Facebook will start to phase out the older (smaller) RHC Ads
READER SHOUTOUT: Have you started to see the new Right Hand Column Ads Yet? Tell Us Below.
- What is “Ad Maturing”? (How 48 Hours of Patience Lowered my Facebook Ad Cost by 34%) - October 20, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 005: The 4 Magic Questions that Smart Businesses Use to Build Millions in Sales - February 19, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 004: Behind the Scenes of How Ben Creates a Video Sales Funnel - February 5, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 003: Surviving a Speaking Gig in Las Vegas - February 1, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 002: Behind the Webinar - January 27, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 001: The Beginning of Something - January 25, 2016
- How You Can Build a Profitable Blog In 48 Hours - January 13, 2016
- How to Launch Your First Facebook Lead Ad in 5 Minutes - December 7, 2015
- How to Make More Sales by Using a Bridge Page - November 13, 2015
- How to Create Amazing Social Media Images For Your Blog Post - November 6, 2015