It’s no secret that the constant wave of new technology has changed the way we do things.
These days, online-based meetings are quickly becoming the norm. Between the ease of jumping on, from anywhere in the world, and the decrease in cost, it’s no wonder we’ve taken to this technology so quickly.
But what does that mean for conferences and other in-person networking opportunities?
Industry leaders are still putting together these gatherings. But really, what’s the point? Couldn’t we save ourselves the money of an entry ticket, expensive hotel rooms, flights and run the whole show online?
I suppose you could. But it’s the potential attendees who would miss out.
Let me explain…
There’s no doubt that you’ll learn a lot of solid information at a conference. After all, that’s the main pull, right? You get the opportunity to sit in, listen to the industry’s best spill their secrets. Then you go home, more informed than ever. Ready to take action.
But… you could probably do that from the comfort of your own home.
What you can’t do from your own home? Solidify business connections.
Yes, I’m referring to networking. Sure, you can meet people online – it works! But there’s some key components missing from online interaction that make networking difficult.
Researchers at Cornell University outline 3 important advantages of face-to-face interaction:
- Efficiently capture someone’s attention – what’s more annoying than reaching out via social media, seeing they read your message days ago, and you still haven’t received a response?
- Inspires a positive environment – people attend events hyped up and raring to go. They’re ready to make big moves. So when you’re looking to innovate and collaborate, this is where you want to be.
- Effectively build your network and relationships – face-to-face interaction promotes feelings of trust and connection. You’ll have a much easier time extending your circle at a conference, than you ever would online.
So as you can imagine, when the Fearless Social team decided to host an event, we knew we had to make it worth your while.
That means there’s going to be a lot of good stuff going down on stage, and some real magic happening outside the conference room.
This is what I’m talking about…
Here’s a Sneak Peek at What You’ll Takeaway from the Fearless Social Live Event:
- Quickly boost the exposure of your business. Social media holds the key for dramatic growth. Fearless Social will put more eyes on your business by fully exploiting the Facebook ad platform.
- Laser target your audience and increase the return on your advertising dollars. Poor ad targeting is where most people lose 99% of their investment. These techniques will show you how to turn more prospects into buyers
- Build brand awareness and engage with your consumers. This will strengthen the loyalty of your customer base, help you maximize your social media investment and set you up for long-term success.
All in all, we’re stripping the mystery surrounding social media. Instead, you’ll walk out of there with the right knowledge and tools to grow your business.
But that’s not the whole story.
Technically, we could teach this stuff to you via an online meeting. And this is true of any event (sorry event hosts!) So why should you pack up your bags and make sure you’re in Memphis, TN on November 13, 2014?
We’re filling the room full of like-minded business owners. So you can meet, network and strategize.
And to make that a bit easier for you, we’ve scheduled some killer hangouts (and expect some off the cuff hangouts too.)
So to answer the question: are networking conferences dead? Not at all.
The face-to-face interaction and connections you’ll build here are unlike anything you could do online.
For more information on the upcoming Fearless Social event, click here.
(I heard tickets are selling out fast, so you’ll want to secure your spot quickly.)
- If You’re Not Using This Simple Technique, Your Buyers Are Disappearing - January 8, 2015
- Insider’s Club: How to Attract Buyers With Tough-to-Sell Products - November 25, 2014
- If Your Products are Missing this 1 Key Element, You’re Missing Out on a Ton of Sales - November 19, 2014
- Wednesday’s Most Fearless Products for Entrepreneurs - November 12, 2014
- Friday’s Most Fearless Products for Entrepreneurs - November 7, 2014
- Wednesday’s Most Fearless Products for Entrepreneurs - November 5, 2014
- How to Write Click-Worthy Ads with Only 3 Sentences. - November 5, 2014
- Monday’s Most Fearless Products for Entrepreneurs - November 3, 2014
- Friday’s Most Fearless Products for Entrepreneurs - October 31, 2014
- Wednesday’s Most Fearless Products for Entrepreneurs - October 29, 2014
Leave a Reply