We Get a lot of questions about the basics of setting up a facebook page for business so we decided to give you the key elements to creating a facebook page from scratch so that can start to market your business on the world’s largest social network. This guide is great if you’re brand new and are looking to get a page up and running in the next 24 hours.
Login to your personal account and visit http://www.facebook.com/pages
When you first get started you’ll want to login to your personal facebook account and then type “http://www.facebook.com/pages” into your browser.
Once there, click on the “Create Page” link at the top right of the screen (pictured)
Select the type of Business Page You Want to Setup
If you own a local business you’ll want to make sure you setup a page that gives you options to fit your local brick and mortar shop. Each type of facebook page gives you different tools.
Hint: If you run a local business you’ll want to select “Local Business or Place”. If you run an online store only, you’ll want to select “Brand or Product”.
Step 3: Fill in as many details as possible
Facebook will ask you a few questions about your business. Do your best to fill in as many details as possible.
This includes picking a url that facebook will use to send people to your page. It’s important to pick something short and easy to remember, but also something that fits your business.
Step 4: Select a Picture that “Pops” for your Profile.
The number 1 mistake that most businesses make when selecting a picture for their facebook profile is trying to say too much with the image.
Feel free to avoid even putting text in your logo (facebook will always display the name of your page right next to the page image) because it’s
actually a waste fo space.
Try to pick something simple with vibrant colors (that contrast with facebook’s famous blue) and a simple logo image.
A Great Example is our Fearless Social Icon from our facebook page.
Step 5: Add a Timeline Cover Image
Adding a nice timeline image to your facebook page is important. It should include the name of your business, your logo, and a tagline.
Down the road you can get fancy, but to get started it’s a good idea just to get it up so that it’s waiting for the visitors you’re about to have.
Step 6: Add 5-10 post to your page.
Now, these shouldn’t just be any post and they shouldn’t sound promotional.
Add a few post that link back to your website that give some good tips.
When adding post to a Facebook page, you want to think of it as giving free advice.
Your facebook page should be used as a way to build trust with your potential customers
and not a direct way to ask for the sale (we’ll cover that later).
Once people like you’re content and get benefit from it, it is extremely easy to
get them to buy from you when they are ready to make a purchase decision.
See the article we linked to below for an example of the kind of helpful content that we post
to build trust with our audience and drive them back to our blog (where we offer
a variety of products and services).
Step 7: Start Promoting your Page.
Once you get the basics setup it’s time to start promoting your page.
You can do this a variety of ways:
1) Facebook Ads
2) Posting on your Own (Personal) Wall and telling friends.
3) Sharing helpful post from your page on other pages.
4) Commenting on other pages as your page.
Those should get your started.
For more training on getting traffic to your facebook page, visit our main site.
That’s it! You’ve got the Basics Down
You’ve got the basics of setting up a Business Page on Facebook. The keys to getting it to gorw is a good content marketing strategy as well as a good advertising strategy (both internal and online).
We’ll be covering more of that on the Fearless Social Blog and you can learn more there.
- What is “Ad Maturing”? (How 48 Hours of Patience Lowered my Facebook Ad Cost by 34%) - October 20, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 005: The 4 Magic Questions that Smart Businesses Use to Build Millions in Sales - February 19, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 004: Behind the Scenes of How Ben Creates a Video Sales Funnel - February 5, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 003: Surviving a Speaking Gig in Las Vegas - February 1, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 002: Behind the Webinar - January 27, 2016
- #behindthehorns Episode 001: The Beginning of Something - January 25, 2016
- How You Can Build a Profitable Blog In 48 Hours - January 13, 2016
- How to Launch Your First Facebook Lead Ad in 5 Minutes - December 7, 2015
- How to Make More Sales by Using a Bridge Page - November 13, 2015
- How to Create Amazing Social Media Images For Your Blog Post - November 6, 2015