It seems like Facebook changes something every single day. They change ad sizes, they change where they put certain links, they even change the look and feel of how pages and the newsfeed look. It’s hard to rely on something that changes so much! But there are certain things that remain consistent and certain marketing strategies that will never fail and always work, for the most part.
Knowing that Facebook changes so much, what if you wanted to jump into a market without any audience, with no list, and no following? Is it possible?
It certainly is and we are going to discuss 7 strategies that you can do even in the ever changing world of Facebook. Now, there are way more than 7 things you need to ultimately do, but here’s what you can do to get started very quickly to gaining traction in a new niche.
Step 1: Know Your Target Audience
It is so important to know your target audience. This doesn’t mean that you have to know every intricacy about your potential customer (at first) but you should know basic information like:
- Age Group
- What do they like / What don’t they like?
- Where do they “hang out”?
- What do they buy? How do they buy?
This might be information that you gather over time and that’s ok. But If you really want to get into a niche, take the time to know your target audience.
You can do more research with step 2 which is….
Step 2: Use the Graph Search To Dig Deeper Into Knowing Your Audience
Facebook graph search is very powerful. The graph search could be used to really dig deep into knowing your potential customer / target audience better than ever.
The graph search is located right in the search box at the top of Facebook:
What you want to do is find other pages that are similar to yours so that you can target the right people to your new page. Hint: This means that you are looking for your competitor’s page.
Type in phrases like:
Pages liked by people who like [keyword] and [keyword]
Favorite interests of people who like [keyword] and [keyword]
For example, if I am getting into the tennis niche because I want to sell tennis rackets, I might want to target people who like a specific tennis player, maybe Serena Williams AND people who like a specific kind of racket that Serena uses. That’s a highly targeted audience.
Do you see the power in this already? When you get in front of people who are highly targeted in what you have to offer, then you will see the best results. The more specific your audience is, the better your pages will do
Step 3: Have A Plan of Action
It’s time to build an audience. Now you need to gather all the information you learned about your target customer and get them to notice you. The fastest way to do that is to create ads that get shown to the target audience you’ve just found.
But you need to decide what you want from this audience…what do you want them to do?
You can do this in a variety of ways.
– Do you want people to like your page so that you can consistently get in front of them once you’ve got the like?
– Do you want to get people on a list by giving them something for free? (Once you’ve got them on a list, you can run targeted ads to them later on by uploading them as a custom audience) You can also, of course, directly market them through email and then ultimately get them to like your page….now you’ve gotten them TWICE and can market them in various ways
– Do you want to give them something in exchange for a Like – like run a contest or give them something for free if they press the like button?
Know your ultimate goal and know what you want from your target audience BEFORE you start to spend money running the ads!
Step 4: Be Consistent With your Postings
Now that you’ve got the ball rolling getting your targeted audience doing what you want them to do, be consistent! Show people you are dedicated to serving them. Get a regular posting schedule. When you are first starting out, have a set number of times a day to post (2-3 times recommended) and also have a set time you are posting (9am, 2pm, 9pm to start out).
Once you have had your page for a while, Facebook will tell you when your audience responds the most in your page insights. Study your page insights because it will tell you a lot about your audience!
Step 5: Provide Enormous Value
You’ve now got your audience and you’re being consistent in what you are posting – but make sure you are providing what your audience wants AND enormous value so they stick around! Thus far, you have probably put a lot of time and energy into building your audience – so you might as well over deliver with the content you provide them….that is RELEVANT to what they initially “signed up for”.
For example, getting back to my tennis example, if I start posting funny dog and cat videos, that is not going to be highly relevant to what I initially told them I wanted to provide them. While dog and cat videos are great, they are not relevant to the page and your offers.
Step 6: Have Calls To Action
Once you have fans, simply and nicely tell people what you want them to do. Tell them to like and share the information you are posting. Ask them to vote on something. Ask them to sign a petition. This will only help you in the long run. Remember, if you don’t ask, you won’t get.
Step 7: Seek Out Your Competition
Since you already have a list of your competition from the research you did in the beginning of your journey, be sure to check out what they are doing on a regular basis because it will give you ideas on what’s working in your niche. Check out what they are saying, check out what they are selling and how they are selling. Check out what people are commenting on.
Don’t try to reinvent the wheel because the answers are already out there…you just need to find them!
There are many more strategies you can use to get in front of more people but following these simple 7 steps is a great place to start your journey. Never stop and soon enough you will be dominating your niche!
- 6 Tasks You Should Outsource Immediately To Free Up Your Time And Focus On Money Making Strategies - January 8, 2016
- 7 Hidden Places On Your Blog Where Subscribers and Money Are Waiting For You - December 30, 2015
- How To Sneakily Turn One Piece Of Content into a Marketing Empire To Sell More Products (On Complete Autopilot) - December 24, 2015
- Generate 100 New Targeted Leads Per Day For Free (In Just An Hour A Day) - December 14, 2015
- 5 Things You Can Give Away in Exchange for an Email (Works in Any Niche & Build in Under 30 min) - November 30, 2015
- How To Go From Charging $19 To $1,997 Prices (Even In A Competitive Market) - November 18, 2015
- How To Sell With Video For Less Than a $203.10 Budget - November 11, 2015
- How A Simple Ad Tweak Forces 25% More Optins - November 2, 2015
- The Script That Doubles Your Video Sales Letter Conversions - October 23, 2015
- 13 Critical Answers To Know Before Writing a Lick of Copy - October 12, 2015